Free Online Learning Program
This free online course is provided by the Erie St. Clair and South West LHINs. Click Register Now to get started and be approved for access to the online resource.
Cultural and Linguistic Sensitive Care Learning Program
This six-hour learning program includes an introduction and three modules. Each module will contain written and interactive material such as case studies, quizzes, videos, reflection boxes and evaluations. Learners will have the flexibility to complete the training at their own pace. At the time of registration, learners will be asked to identify their expected completion date.
- Module 1 – Understanding of Culture and Cultural and Linguistic Sensitive Care
- Module 2 – Who are the Francophones in Ontario?
- Module 3 – The Active Offer of French Language Services
- Additional resources including Printable Material
Certificate of Completion
Upon completing all three modules, including activities and evaluations, learners will receive a certificate of completion.
Maintenance of Certification
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 20 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
This online learning program is designed to support learners in:
- Gaining knowledge about cultural and linguistic sensitive care focusing on personal perspectives and inclusive health practices to further inform health equity and quality patient-centered care
- Learning about Francophones in Ontario: who they are, where they come from, how they obtain official-language rights as an official language minority population, and understanding barriers that affect them today in relation to health services
- Understanding the active offer of French Language Services, what it is and how to implement it through a cultural and linguistic sensitive approach